Thursday, January 27, 2011

Muffin Mania

www.traderjoes.com After the success of the Blueberry Orange Muffins, I decided to try another muffin recipe from eatingwell.com. 

Again, using up my surpluce of Zucchini from Aldi- I opted for Zucchini Oatmeal Muffins.
[Per serving: 231 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 26 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 102 mg potassium.]

My fiance had been wanting Oatmeal muffins like they have a Trader Joe's.  WIth the little ones- it's easier to stay home and make muffins from scratch then get all bundled up and get to the store and everything else.

I doubled this recipe because we have been going through muffins like crazy.  Muffins for breakfast, muffins for snacks, muffins on the go.... Once they're made they are easy to eat and not messy.  This is particularly helpful with a 2 year old! 

I didn't have time or the energy to make all of the muffins at once- so I made one batch and kept the rest of the batter in the fridge.  Then, my fiance made a batch, and on Wednesday I put another batch in the oven as we were getting ready for our day.  It is really muffin mania at our house!

In college, I used to go get a banana chocolate chip muffin (nearly everyday) after my morning classes.  I stopped doing this once I learned that this particular muffin I was eating weighed in at a hefty 900+ calories! 

No wonder my pants weren't fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment