Tuesday, April 19, 2011

conquered & reporting in

I am happy to report that I have met my second goal. As of today, I weigh 155. Overall, I have lost almost 8 pounds. The rate isn't quite what I had hoped for. I have to say, though, that I am thrilled to be just 2-3 pounds over the weight I first met Randy at. Once I am there, I am halfway to my overall goal of 142. This is the top of the healthy weight range for my height, and also reflects the weight I was at when I competed in pageants. Or at least my last pageants.

Life is busy! With two little guys and consistent full-time permanent work, it is difficult to find balance. Its also difficult to go to the gym after not seeing our mini-men all day and handing them over to someone else for up to 90 more minutes. The nights I do take them to the gym I admittedly feel guilty. The nights we don't go to the gym I make the most of my time with them and we have dinner together, play together and read together. Last night we all went on a walk together and then stopped for a slice of pizza from pizza luce.

To keep me motivated, I know that I still have inches to lose around my waist in order to fit into my wedding gown. I have also signed up for my first 5k. Www.autism5k.org benefits c.a.d.e (children with autism deserve education). I've also set up a donation page. Visit www.active.com/donations/autism5k2011/millie4autism

If you know 91 people- you know someone with autism. My cousin was diagnosed with autism when he was quite young. That was a huge motivator to choose the autism 5k for my first race and create a donation page. I set a goal of $500 and so far I have raised $50.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment