Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling good- 1 visit follow up

While my first visit to the gym was off to a bumpy start, I am already feeling and seeing the rewards.

Feeling better... I already have more energy and feel better in the near 2 days since my visit.

Seeing the rewards... It's one thing to step on the scale and feel like you've been seeing the same number for months (that's been me). It's another to take out the measuring tape and see how you're doing. This is a more accurate gauge of how you're doing. The numbers may be stagnate on the scale- but your body composition changes show with the measuring tape.

This has been the case for me.

I am so thrilled because in the past week between visiting the gym and the 3 ice hockey games I have reffed since the 10th- I have lost inches.

Waist- -2.5 inches
hips- -1 inch
bust- -2 inches (thats ok- really ok- things are just out of control)

I like to plug the numbers into the Shape Virtual Trainer. You can log your starting weight, current weight and goal weight. It will tell you how much weight you've lost, your body fat percentage, the pounds of body fat lost, the weight of your lean body mass and your body fat (both in pounds and percentages), and it has a tally of how many inches you have lost with an average number of inches lost per week. You can also log your calories and exercise and the dashboard will tell you if you need to eat more, less, or if you're in the weight loss zone.

If anyone is interested in trying the JCC out- let me know- or visit their webpage for a free 2-week pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment