Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stair climbing here I come....

last night I reffed one ice hockey game -557 calories for that.

For dinner, I made baked lemon chicken (preheat stove to 400 degrees, puncture fresh lemon for flavor and season as you like), made brocolli and wild rice. It was delicious and I got the all clear to make it again. The chicken was inspired by something I had watched Clinton Kelly demo on the Tyra Banks show.

Today:

Breakfast: bowl of Special K Cinnamin Pecan with 1% milk

Snack: 2 % Cottage cheese with peaches

Lunch: Gluten-free pasta with chicken breast, brocolli, sugar snap peas, cooked in sherry, and topped with just a bit of cheddar cheese. Chocolate milk.

Snack #2 and Dinner are TBD.

Since it's winter, and I no longer have a gym membership, I am opting to climb/run stairs at an ice arena with some pretty good bleachers today. You can read an article from Prevention by clicking here.

This is another interesting article from prevention I found related to stairclimbing.

Wish me luck! I'm hoping to do 15 minutes of stairs- that might be a little lofty for the first day- but I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment