Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last nights workout, dinner and the plan for today.

Last night, we made these delicious Thai Turkey Wraps.

They are from the fall/winter '08 season of the Biggest Loser- one of the contestants is a chef and created these on the ranch. We both think they're amazing- and one of the best parts is being able to cook it in bulk and save for later- since they're lettuce wraps you eat them cold. Also, I've made them one other time in the new year and after both dinners- have felt amazing physically, emotionally, mentally. Perhaps this is the way we were meant to eat. (Besides, if you think about it- how long did it take them to figure out- back in the day- that they could pound out the wheat etc, turn that into flour and concoct what we now call bread- that sounds like a lot of work, and a lot of trial and error). Since finding this Lettuce Wrap recipie, I've found more at the food network webpage and can't wait to try them!

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the rink and ran stairs- I had three rinks to choose from with three different sets of bleachers- I chose the one with a flight of 20 stairs. The first run was 3 flights - 60 steps up and 60 steps down. The second was 2 flights- 40 steps up & down- repeated for the 3rd... until I got to the last flight and could only do 1 flight- which I mostly walked. My legs were so heavy that I thought I was going to fall. Between the sets I drank water, caught my breath, re-stretched different muscles, and walked off the sets so I would not cramp up. It was not an easy workout and I knew I had pushed myself when I was standing at the bank (turning my miscellaneous change into quarters) and dizzy. I would say that the workout lasted approximately 15 minutes (I really need to get that new fitness watch to stay on top of this better) - which is good because I set 15 minutes as my goal workout in my last entry. I had considered a pedometer for stair climbing but now I'm having second thoughts. Our Canadian friends are also in support of stair climbing and its health benefits accumulate very easily.

I must admit that I have watched the Biggest Loser, Fat Free Fiances, and other shows like it (i.e. I Want To Look Like A High School Cheerleader Again and Ruby) and, still thinking of myself as very athletic, watched the struggle to climb or run stairs, and thinking that I could do it better or at least that I wouldn't whine as much. Yesterdays workout was humbling- and stair climbing is one that has worked for many people.


This evening, I ref 2 hockey games so that's my workout today.

For breakfast I had Special K (Cinnamin Pecan). And the rest is TBD.

My starting weight as of yesterday was 178.6

As of this morning I weigh 178.4

Rome was not built in a day and getting healthy is not conquered in a day. Something we all probably need to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment