Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NOOOO comparison

I had my fiance and our kiddos meet me at work yesterday.  There is a gym located in the same building- the Sabes JCC.  We took a tour of the facilities and WOW.  NO comparison to our preceeding visit at Bally Total Fitness.  3 indoor basketball courts, 1 outdoor basketball court, raquetball, multiple class options, nice locker rooms, a children's pool, a lap pool, an outdoor pool- complete with diving board and slide(!), plenty of cardio, weight machines and free weights.  The list goes on: a sauna, whirlpool, steambath in the men's and women's locker rooms, a family locker room,  locker rooms for those under 18 (a safeguard due to sauna and whirlpool restrictions), 2 masseuses, a staff of 15 trainers, free towel service, a $50 credit to use as we please once we become members, aquatics classes, lifeguards on duty at the pool, a track above the basketball court, Sasha's place and the tumble room (where the kids hang out).  Sasha's place will feed and change your kids.  Locks available to use during your visit for your locker, or you can rent a locker.  A hoard of aerobics courses ranging from spinning to yoga to pilates to Zumba!  They also give us 24 guest passes for the year with our family membership.

WOW.

The club was so clean and friendly too.  It was big- but not so big that you feel annonymous or that the gym is a cash cow with a revolving door. 

They also offer a sliding fee scale so that regardless of your financial situation, you can still maintain your health.

I wish I had known about this place sooner!

My fiance is excited to join and feels good about the change I think.  I feel good about all the ammenities and that it is so family friendly!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you found something that fits you and your family! I hope you enjoy it and can make it there as often as you'd like! I'm getting back on track for the gym - so I'm looking forward to your posts.
    And I'm glad you declined at Bally's. Seriously, not awesome, especially in their cranky response. :(

    ReplyDelete