Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 Pounds!




What a difference 10 pounds makes! At my peak weight (184) on the left and my new weight (174) on the right. There are clear changes through the waist, thighs, legs, and jaw line/chin. So excited about this new development. I owe a lot of my progress to the Jillian Michaels DVD I purchased ("Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism") which has definitely helped to keep me motivated while working out at home. Motivation has been difficult because I feel like there's still so far to go. I do have to remind myself though I am only 6 lbs away from where I was at my pre-pregnancy weight loss size.
Prior to the JM DVD I had hit a plateau of 176.2. Suddenly, one morning I weighed in and there it was- 174!
I don't know about everyone else but when I start to loose weight- I do not want to lose the momentum once I see loses. It gives me energy to know I'm inching towards my goal and that changes are happening.
When I reach my goal, I will post my real life "before" photo. I cringe at the sight of it but it helps to see where I've been and to continue to charge forward in this self-improvement venture.
Since I've written last- I've basically given up on the Shape website. It's so much detail- who has time? Especially when you're a stay at home mom who is looking for work. The days fly by with taking care of baby, the house, and the job search.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Millie! Thanks for an encouraging blog and congrats on the 10 pound milestone! I totally relate to your situation - baby weight is so hard to lose but it is possible! It took me until Chloe was almost a year old (I was still breastfeeding so that makes a difference too) and I had a few stubborn pounds that just wouldn't budge. I'm going to keep updated with your blog for motivation and to cheer you on from the other side of the Park!

    ReplyDelete