Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goodbye Plateau!

I stepped on the scale this morning and thought "maybe today..."

Maybe today the number will be less than 161- maybe I finally broke through... but maybe not.

I held my breath and waited for the beep....

159.6!

My jaw dropped and I was (and still am) in disbelief.  I had finally done it- I had finally broken through the 160 lb. barrier.

I could hardly speak let alone type about it.

I am speechless- I am without speech.

My fiance gave me a big hug this morning and told me 'good job!' He knows how important it is for me to be healthier.

It finally happened. I have been waffling between 166-161 since July, after our second son was born.  It's not easy after having a baby or two.  I haven't been below 160 since before I was pregnant with our first son- so 3 years ago!

I wouldn't give up- I knew I couldn't- because if I gave up it would be a slippery slope back to even larger numbers. Gaining would be so disappointing and not the kind of example I want to set for our kids. 

159.6-- it's not the ultimate goal but it is a small step in the right direction.... Actually, it's about 3 pounds in the right direction! 

It feels good to know I'm not broken and good "old fashioned" exercise and watching what you eat can make all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment