Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Arrival...

 My prediction was correct - our son arrived a week earlier than the scheduled c-section. Which was two weeks early from my estimated due date (July 2).  I'm thrilled that he is here and so far- seems like an excellent eater AND sleeper.  Big brother is doing really well also- he helps when he can and has not shown a single sign of aggression or jealousy.  AMAZING! LOVE IT!  Even though he was two weeks early- the new guy weighed in at exactly 8 pounds and 20 inches long.  Since I had already been to the hospital two other times in the past month, I was worried that I was blowing things out of proportion but my doctor said that I did the right thing calling her and coming in- this baby was ready! 

Recovery is already a lot easier than last time- but we'll see what happens.  One of my nurses got a bit off on my pain killer medications and I could definitely tell a difference.I walk around.... or shuffle my feet around like I'm going on 100 and not 28. I'm hopeful because of opting to go straight to the O.R. and not laboring- my body is exhausted but not doubly exhausted..

Speaking of exhausted- I'm off to feed the new guy and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment