Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heart rate?

Once upon a time in college - I worked with a trainer and he figured out what my heart rate should be when I work out to maximize my weight/fat loss. I've recently been wondering how he figured this out. So I did some research.


220 - age = MHR - RHR x .65 + RHR = 65 percent of MHR
(OK, ok, here’s the breakdown)
• Subtract your age from 220 to get your MHR
• Subtract your RHR from your MHR and multiply that number by .65
• Add your RHR to this total
• The number you get now is 65 percent of your maximum heart rate

Whoa- looks confusing but here's the low down:

220-26= 199 is my MHR or Maximum heart Rate
And I counted my resting heart rate or RHR to be 66. So....

199-66= 133
133 x .65= 86.45 +66= 152.45 BPM

When I ref, inline skate and what not, I'm going to track if I'm getting up to that number.

On a side note: my weight is still under 180- by a pound. And I did a medicine ball workout this a.m. to build up my strength again.

No comments:

Post a Comment